Special Summer 2017
Intensive Summer Courses in Modern Standard Arabic
Session: July 6 - August 3
All classes meet 5 days a week, four hours a day from 8:30 am - 12:30 pm or from 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm
• Elementary Arabic I, ARB 101: For students with no previous language background in Arabic.
• Elementary Arabic II, ARB 102: Prior completion of one college semester (or equivalent) of Arabic is required.
• Intermediate Arabic I, ARB 103: Prior completion of two college semesters (or equivalent) of Arabic is required.
• Intermediate Arabic II, ARB 104: Prior completion of three college semesters (or equivalent) of Arabic is required.
• Advanced Arabic III, ARB 105: Prior completion of four college semesters (or equivalent) of Arabic is required.
Teachers provide an office hour per week to support students outside the classroom. This is an immersive summer program. Students should abide by a language pledge and will not use Arabic solely during all classroom and cultural activities sessions.
Intensive Summer Courses for kids and Parents
Session: August 7 - August 18
All classes meet 4 days a week from Monday to Thursday, from 8:00 am - 11:30 am
FEES: $450 (One parent and One kid)
This is a fun learning program for kids (aged between 2 and 9 years old) and parents to get introduced to the Arabic language and Culture. Research in psycholinguistics has proved that second language acquisition is related to a critical period in which learners' ability to attain a native like proficiency is higher when they are at a young age. The goal of this two-week program is to stimulate and enhance children's learning ability by exposing them to a foreign language with different phonetics at an early age. It is also an opportunity for parents to be with their children during a language learning experience. Classes will be offered in the mornings and will compose of two sessions. Each session will be a different activity which evolves around a daily theme. The program is immersive. It will be in Arabic with restricted usage of English after the second day of the program.